[APBeta] An observation - FWIW

John Switzer jswitzer42 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 23 12:42:45 PDT 2010

I thought I would report an observation that has "suddenly" started.   This
observation is with AP V2.0b90 running under Windows 7 64-bit.  Up until
this morning I have noticed a somewhat long lag when opening and closing
plan files.  This has been going on quite some time and I believe that it
has been mentioned by some other beta testers.

When Paul sent out his list of unresolved issues yesterday, it reminded me
that I had submitted a bug I had when moving the AP application data files
from the default location to a custom location.   I retried the move to a
custom location and it did work, so I reported to Paul that the bug had been
fixed (or at least had gone away).  All of a sudden, the opening and closing
of AP plan files appear to be happening much faster.  It might be
interesting to see if others having the open/close lag time issue can
reproduce my observation and determine whether it is fact or fiction.

John Switzer

Center Point, IN