[APBeta] The Dark Side

Jared jwellman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 09:37:13 PDT 2009

I agree with Paul.  I don't bother using the night vision in Windows with
any application.  It just doesn't work well.  Rubylith is a much better
alternative.  It provides better contrast as well.  Even some of the Mac
guys I know use it rather than turning the screen red.

Might be a new thread but I've been running windows 7 for a while now as
part of the public beta.  AstroPlanner has been working pretty well for me.
 I have noticed a couple of things though.

1- The application seems to hang for about 20 seconds while the "Telescope",
"Sun", "Moon", "Date/Time", and "Site" group boxes appear.  I think I had
this issue with XP as well though.  So probably not a Windows 7 thing.  They
also tend to flicker quite a bit.  I believe this has already been bugged.
2 - connecting to the telescope seems spotty.  Although when it connects I
generally don't have a problem.  I think this is probably part of the ASCOM
issue though.  I'm connecting through a bluestar device but other
applications don't seem to have issues with it.

Jared