[APBeta] Windows menus

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Fri Oct 30 21:22:26 PDT 2009

On Oct 30, 2009, at 6:39 PM, CER wrote:

> I too would say that 'C' is more traditional in Windows land
>
> Problem is... I've kind of gotten used to the way you have it! I may
> actually need to "see" it implimented to be sure "C" is preferable.

I'm used to the Mac world where there is only one menubar and it
traditionally has all the menus and items for all windows in the app
and just disables those that aren't applicable. This makes it easy for
"muscle memory" since the items are always in the same place. The
Windows world is different and very alien to me. Menus are not
consistent and are attached to windows that can have different
positions, etc.

I have (effectively) implemented (b) since it's easy to do. (c) is a
lot harder (i.e. a big schlepp). I might leave it as (b) for now and
see if I can devise a means to do (c) without breaking stuff.

I was hoping to get a release out today, but it won't make it until
tomorrow at the earliest.

Paul R.