[APBeta] APv2b64 good new and weird news

Bruce Pipes bruce.pipes at fandm.edu
Mon Oct 26 15:04:55 PDT 2009

Paul,

First the good news - I used APv2b64 to control my scope in an imaging
session last night and, except for the weirdness described below, it
worked flawlessly. Slewing, both from the Object list and from the Sky
View, changing slew speeds, and operating the focuser all worked as
advertised.

Now for the weird news (and I think I reported this before) - at the
observatory I use there are a bunch of windows imager folks that use a
wireless LAN to connect from the warm room to their scopes (I use a
long CAT5 cable). The wireless router sits right next to my Mac. When
I started AP up, it hung on the splash page, but when I turned Airport
off, the splash page disappeared and AP started right up. Possibly a
coincidence, but it is as if, when it sees a wireless signal, it looks
for the internet (or something) for a long time before it resumes
booting. I know you told me before that this does not make sense. Next
time i am out, I will do more experiments.

Bruce Pipes
Mac OS 10.5.8
LX200ACF