[APBeta] Substituted Observation Database File Crashes AP upon Start-Up

David Hill dhillmilquetoast at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 22:12:38 PDT 2009

Paul -

The Error Log shown below adequately describes the difficulty I was having starting up both AP V2.0b61 and AP V2.0b62.  I did successfully get AP to run following installation of V2.0b62 and having removed the AP Resources, AP Data, URL Cache and Observation Database files.  To accomplish this was just a matter of going through the Set-up Wizard perhaps like a new user would (Of course this action resulted in a new set of resources, data, URL cache and observation database files).  By replacing the Observation Database file with one from AP V2.0b62 run successfully on a different WinXP machine on my LAN and trying to start gives the same Out of Bounds Exception as before.

ID 3046

Created 10/12/09

Reporter/s David Hill

Version 2.0b61

Type Bug

Status Open

Platform All

Title DatabaseStuff.DropTableFields: Out Of Bounds Exception

Version: 2.0b61

Expires: 11/09/2009

Date: 10/12/2009 8:07:36 AM

OS: WinXP
Description & Exception Type: Out Of Bounds Exception

1: Sub DatabaseStuff.DropTableFields( REALSQLDatabase, string, string() )

2: Sub ObservationDatabase.FixupDatabase()

3: Sub ObservationDatabase.OpenDB()

4: Sub ObservationDatabase.Constructor()

5: Function ObservationDatabase.db.Get() as ObservationDatabase

6: Sub App.Event_Open()

7: Sub Application._CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling()

8: Sub REALbasic._RunFrameworkInitialization()

David -