[APBeta] APv2b36 crashed - more info

Bruce Pipes bruce.pipes at fandm.edu
Mon May 4 17:06:21 PDT 2009

Paul,

Let me give you a bit more info on what I was doing when it crashed. I
had both NGC 4145 and NGC 4151 in my plan. However, the DSS for both
was the same, namely one with NGC 4145 in the center and NGC 4151 near
the bottom edge. When the app crashed I was trying to download a DSS
image of NGC 4151 so that it would be at the center.

After the crash I restarted and tried to download NGC 4151 again and
that is when I found I could not download it. I can, however, download
other images.

I then went into my image database and found that there was an image
with NGC 4151 at the center, but for some reason it did not show in
the object window when I selected NGC 4151. For some reason, since
both objects were in both images, AP decided to use the same image,
namely that of NGC 4145, for both. I then deleted the image of NGC
4145 from the database and from the object list. Then the proper DSS
image for NGC 4151 showed in the object window. Still, however, if I
click on the object, NGC 4151, and try to download a new DSS image of
it, I get the grayed out buttons.

I hope this is clear enough to be helpful.

Bruce