[APBeta] Observation Sessions

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Jun 22 06:58:13 PDT 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 4:39 PM, Dan Kuchta wrote:

> I share the same confusion about how observing sessions are entered,
> and added to.  Apparently the paradigm is to just enter
> observations.  If the time is within a certain time of other
> observations, they are considered to be in the same session.

That's it.

> Personally, I'd prefer a more direct model whereby you would
> explicitly enter a session along with all the session information.
> Then, you'd select the session and add observations to it.  Maybe
> others find the current way to be more intuitive, but for me it's a
> little confusing.

When you enter the first observation, the app figures out that it must
be a new session (the rules used are in Observation preferences) and
creates one for you. You can then enter the session information. I
suppose there's no real reason you shouldn't be able to create a new
session first if you really wanted to.

I'll add a feature request.