[APBeta] Observation Sessions

Steve Barkes nm_astrnmr at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 09:14:10 PDT 2009

 Ok, I guess I¹m confused.  I¹m struggling to try and enter multiple
observations for a session that I had back in December of last year.

 If I right-click on an object from the observation tab, the Make
Observation option is always greyed out.  It works from the Objects tab.

If I create an observation from the Observation menu, or by clicking + in
Observations list, I have no way to select what session to put the
observation in.  I can only select the ³Currently Open Session² which makes
no sense in that It always has the current date/time.  If the session is
currently open, I should be able to close it, or change to an existing
session.  The other options are  create a ³New Session² which I don¹t want
to do, and the ³Recent Sessions² is always blank and greyed out.  What about
a All Sessions in addition to Recent Sessions?

It appears the only way to move an observation into a particular session is
to edit the date and time of the observation.  Then I get an option to add
it to an older session.  But this is way too cumbersome, especially if I¹m
adding a dozen observations.

Shouldn¹t there be a way to Set the current session, possibly to a session
date/time in the past, and then have all new observations go into that
session until I change it, or create a new one?  Shouldn¹t I be able to see
a list of all my sessions? And shouldn¹t it be clear looking at the
interface that the correct session has been selected?  How do I see a list
of all objects associated with a particular session?

Perhaps a description of the intended workflow for entering observations
after the fact would help.

Steve