[APBeta] SkyFi Controller

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Fri Dec 11 09:18:09 PST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 8:41 AM, John wrote:

> Does/will Astroplanner have the capability to see a wireless TCP/IP port as a serial port?

Not currently, but it wouldn't be rocket science to allow such a thing. I have tinkered (in V1) with using TCP/IP to control a mount via a second computer on the same network, but didn't follow through.

> I put my name on Carina Software's list for one of their SkyFi devices several months ago looking for an alternative to my Aircable. On their website http://www.carinasoft.com/products/skyfi/index.html they indicate there are third party serial port drivers for windows but don't mention Mac.

I'll contact them and see if they will give me the specs I need to determine how difficult it will be.