[APBeta] Compare Telescope Computer Settings/ Telescope Control panel

Ken Harrison kenm.harrison at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:43:15 PST 2009

Paul,
Retried all the scopes listed in the AP drop down list - no difference! (
The Celestron Ulima2000 gave better and more solid Mimic Panel info, but
crashed on "slew to home"!)
The Auto-detect came up with nothing either.
The HEQ series mounts by Skywatcher use the Synscan V3 hand controller (
similar to the Celestron), and the manual recommends "Celestron NexStar 5i
or Celestron 8/9/11 GPS"
In the Appendix B of the manual it gives some details of the RS232 commands.
http://www.skywatchertelescope.net/swtinc/customer_support.php?class1=1&class2=180

Under CdC V3 the ASCOM ( V5.5) driver comes up as "Celestron Telescopes"
(V5.0.14) and a selection of "NexStar 8i or 8iSE" works very well as does
the "Synta Skywatcher mount"
Don't know what else I can offer at the moment....
Ken

--
"Very funny Scotty... now beam down our clothes!"