[APBeta] APV68 "not responding"

Ken Harrison kenm.harrison at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 03:44:26 PST 2009

Paul,
I'm trying to use Robin's DSLRShoot V2.1, but need to get the mount to slew
to objects first!
I'm using a SW HEQ5pro mount (Celestron NexStar 5/8 commands) connected via
a Keyspan USB>serial ( very reliable)
Set the Home position to 0 deg (North) and 51 deg Altitude ( Pole) ie
telescope pointing to North Pole.
( Mimic panel shows correct Dec +89d54m but the RA shows 1h 26m when the LST
is 16h 29 - I would have thought it should show, maybe 16h29-12h = 4h
29m???)
When I connect to the scope.....
and "slew to home position" The mount slews to the home position ( pole),
beeps but the slew button still shows "Abort Slew"
get "white" windows in the Mimic panel and infront of the main screen then
the "Not responding"
I also note in the mimic panel when occasionally I can be it to work by
slewing to a highlighted object, that the Dec is 100% whereas the RA is out
by miles ie LST 16h29m, slew to object at 0h43m and the RA reads 17h50m

In the telescope control panel the PARK/SET PARK etc are greyed out..
only option is "slew to home" ( The directional buttons and rates work OK.
I can't test the DSLRshoot until slewing is correct :(
--
"Very funny Scotty... now beam down our clothes!"