[APBeta] Night Vision Mode

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Aug 31 09:00:26 PDT 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Dieter Welnowski wrote:

> in Night Vision Mode remain a big part of the window in white as you
> can see in the attachment. That is to bright in the night. Is it
> possible to change that in light red?

(funnily enough I made some improvements to night vision mode recently)

Yes and No.

Yes, if you change your theme to Windows Classic (which, for me
anyway, speeds things up too)*.

No, if you prefer the default theme.

I have been unable to figure out how to colour certain parts of the
default Win XP, Vista, 7 user interface theme. This has been a problem
for several years.

Paul R.

* or you can use a Mac, which has superior control over night vision
settings via changing the overall colour gamut and gamma. In fact,
running Windows on a Mac as a virtual machine might be the ideal
answer. The Mac can take care of night-vision mode.