[APBeta] LX200ACF scope control with APv2b56

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Aug 31 08:50:37 PDT 2009

On Aug 30, 2009, at 6:05 AM, Bruce Pipes wrote:

> I tried controlling my scope last night with APv2b56 (Mac OS
> 10.5.8). It connected fine and carried out a high precision slew,
> but when I tried to open the "Telescope" pull-down menu, it froze.
> The word "Telescope" was highlighted, but the menu did not come
> down. When I did a force quit of AP, the Force Quit window did not
> say AP was not responding, but I assure you it was not. I believe
> this same thing happened with the last version I tried.

I'm going to be looking at Autostar II problems today. Although I
don't have a beast on tap, I can temporarily modify the driver to
recognise my LX200 Classic, and hopefully the problems will then
reveal themselves.

Some folk are questioning why there are problems if the V1.x drivers
work fine. Let me reiterate that the V2 telescope driver mechanism and
associated drivers were re-written from the ground up, and share no
common code. However, once they are working, they should be a lot more
reliable and include many more features than in V1.x (esp. Autostar II
and Nexstar drivers).