[APBeta] Startup and scope control

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Fri Aug 14 10:43:03 PDT 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Bruce Pipes wrote:

> Hmmm....this is puzzling. As I said, I saw it once before, but I did
> not know what was causing it. Since the wireless network is being
> used for the control of other scopes, could AP be seeing that
> traffic and trying to make a scope connection or something like that.

Definitely not, unless somehow your Mac is interpreting the connection
as a serial port. Do you have any strange entries in your serial port
list?

Do you have Bluetooth enabled on the Mac? If you do, and a Bluetooth
device that is usually connected is not currently available, it can
cause a big delay at startup while the device times out. Ditto for
cellular connections. This "bug" (mainly on Windows) is a bug in the
compiler framework. It is known about, but difficult to fix for every
situation.

Paul R.