[APBeta] Not sure this is a bug??

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sat Aug 8 19:31:52 PDT 2009

On Aug 8, 2009, at 6:52 PM, David Crum wrote:

> This "behavior" has been happening for a while, never really noticed
> it until tonight.
>
> I like to have the NGC catalog displayed and the label box checked, so
> I can ID the other NGC objects in the FOV display.
>
> For this example I am using NGC 4691 (Herschel II galaxy) in my plan
> and I have it centered in the FOV.  However, it is at an angle (90
> degs??) to the NGC object which is also ID.  I have included a
> screenshot.
>

> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/davidthebear/0136.jpg

I'm guessing that your plan object came from the Herschel Catalogue,
which doesn't include position angle info. The NGC Catalogue does.
Hence the apparent discrepancy. So it's not a bug in the app, just a
shortcoming of the Herschel catalogue.

I can look at rewiring the Herschel catalogues to include that info.