[APBeta] Enhancements vs. Finalizing v2.0

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Fri Aug 7 16:28:13 PDT 2009

On Aug 7, 2009, at 4:08 PM, John Switzer wrote:

> My personal opinion is that you should be spending your time getting
> V2.0 finalized.  It is time to stop spending time on enhancements
> and to place all of your efforts in providing the fixes needed to
> put v2.0 to bed.  I am sure there will be some disagreement with me,
> but I felt that it was time to express my opinion.

I agree. My missus agrees. All but a few users agree. I am not
considering any new enhancement that isn't (a) relatively trivial to
implement and (b) I consider an improvement for the majority of users.

The seeing/transparency enhancement does not meet condition (a). The
copying of user-fields from the previous observation does fit (a) and
(b), so I might consider it for 2.0.

Most of the other enhancement requests are being archived for future
versions.