[APBeta] Seeing/Transparency

Dan Kuchta dankuchta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 13:42:06 PDT 2009

My 2 cents would be to keep it at the session level.  However, I
generally view for only a few hours at a time so I can understand that
if you're pulling an all night session, the seeing will be different
at 11 pm than it is at 4am.  But still, for simplicity I think once
per session is adequate.

If people really want to do it per observation, you can always add a
custom parameter.  For example, I record readings on my Sky Quality
Meter, which varies from hour to hour, especially if I start before
the end of astronomical twilight.  So I have a custom field for SQM in
the observation, and I also have a custom field for Maximum SQM for
the session.  Gives me a way to identify how good a night it was
overall, as well as how good it was during a particular observation.

-Dan