[APBeta] ASCOM again

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Fri Aug 7 09:28:03 PDT 2009

I think I figured out why AP won't connect to the POTH if it's not the
first to do so. It's a matter of changing a flag in the code from true
to false...

Before I rewire ASCOM*, which might take a few days, I might release a
version with that flag set correctly for your testing pleasure. I will
also fix some of the more annoying (non-ASCOM) bugs introduced in the
last release or so. Expect this release later today.

Paul R.

* (for the geeks) I have encapsulated the entire Telescope V2 driver
code into a convenient class. Now I will have to change the existing
ASCOM driver class in APV2 to call into that class. It might take me
an hour. It might take three days. Who knows. However, it should make
the ASCOM connectivity more reliable, more capable, and also easier to
set up, etc.