[APBeta] AstroPlanner V2.0b34 Notes

Bob bobrose at comcast.net
Sun Apr 19 08:54:08 PDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: apbeta-bounces at lists.astroplanner.net
[mailto:apbeta-bounces at lists.astroplanner.net] On Behalf Of Paul Rodman
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:23 AM
To: AstroPlanner Beta Testers
Subject: Re: [APBeta] AstroPlanner V2.0b34 Notes

This is because I fire up a background thread to enumerate the serial
ports when the app is started, in an attempt to avoid the major delays
in startup in V1.x if a BT port is unpaired.

This would explain why if I start AP with the BT radio off no ports show up
in the built in LX driver.

The ASCOM driver working and AP drivers not is a bit worrying. Perhaps
your AirCable is set up with hardware handshaking, which AP doesn't
use or know about, but perhaps ASCOM does. Do you have to set up
anything special in ASCOM for a BT connection?

There is nothing special in ASCOM and using Bluetooth. The BT connection is
completely transparent to ASCOM. When hitting the connect button Windows
will pop a dialog asking a paring key, once per session. Aircable needs a
key. I don't know of any scope bases that use HW handshaking. Most I have
found are just 3 wire affairs. This particular Aircable has the HW handshake
switch that is in disable mode. Some of the older Aircable I have don't have
this feature and I have hardwired around this. These particular units live
in the scopes (Obsession AN/SC) and will get tested soon. I don't expect
anything different with them.

When connecting the telescope,builtinLX+BT I only see 2 threads. Both the
same, TimeUpdateThread and appear to be Sleeping. That all I ever see unless
downloading images.
Bob