[APBeta] Another small scope control issue

Bruce Pipes bruce.pipes at fandm.edu
Wed Apr 22 17:34:17 PDT 2009

Paul,

I forgot to mention something in my message on scope control for
APv2b34. When one does a High Precision slew, the little control
palette pops up for synching on the synch star. The direction
indicators on that palette are N on top, W on right, S on bottom and E
on left. This is the normal order. However, when one opens the
Telescope Control Palette under the Telescope menu, E is on the right
and W is on the left. This is reversed from the normal order. I
checked and the directions the scope moves is correct for both, but
the reversed order of the indicators on the Telescope Control Palette
is confusing.

I presume I could fix this by reversing E and W in some preferences
window, but I think the defaults for the two palettes should agree.
(Or maybe something is reversed and I don't know it. I have not
touched any of the preferences that would affect this.)

Thanks,
Bruce
LX200ACF with MacBook Pro