[APBeta] Ancient versions

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sat Apr 4 10:20:33 PDT 2009

I just had a bug report from a user using V2.0b17 (i.e. 13 releases
ago). The code that was at fault doesn't even exist anymore! Because
of this I recently reduced the expiry time for a beta from 90 days to
30 days in the hope of avoiding this kind of thing. I suspect said
user is not on this mailing list...

So my point is: if you are testing the beta, please keep up to date.
It's fine to hold off for a day or three after a release in case (as
has happened recently) there's a nasty bug that causes a rerelease
soon thereafter.

I have nailed (I hope) the FOV drawing bug in 2.0b30. I would like (at
least) to fix the ongoing problem with the Image Database* before
releasing 2.0b31 later today.

Paul R.

* I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening (and it's
happening here sporadically), but I might try another approach.
Unfortunately that will entail a rebuild of the database from the your
cache, so you'll lose any images downloaded since 2.0b29.