[APBeta] Change of URL

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Fri May 30 11:57:21 PDT 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 11:46 , Robin Lauryssen-Mitchell wrote:

> Are you worried about people finding and pinching copies of APv2?
> If so, I don't mind you emailing a link to the download rather than
> you
> maintaining a download web page.  This is how Diffraction/Cyanogen are
> distributing their MaxImDL beta copies (via emailed link).  There
> are other
> methods of course, but this seems one of the simplest.

No, I'm not concerned about theft or anything else. I'm more concerned
about keeping the software out of the hands of inexperienced users so
as not to promulgate a bad impression during the preliminary alpha
stage. e.g. "I just downloaded AstroPlanner 2.0a1 and it crashed
before I did anything. What a pile of cr*p!"

Once it's polished up a bit, relatively feature complete, and
cosmetically pleasing, then I'd be less reluctant to release it to the
unwashed masses (and possibly start charging them for an upgrade fee).