[APBeta] New Features

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Thu May 29 16:21:00 PDT 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 15:59 , Paul Kemp wrote:

> I like a couple of the New Features.
>
> The Backup function. Tidy operation. I would like an option to
> backup on AP load or close if the Date of the last backup is not the
> same as the previous backup.

Interesting option. I'll consider it.

Note that the Restore half of the operation is still in the works -
it's a much more tricky operation, and causing me some head scratching.

> The Where's my stuff? is great. No mysteries on where the
> information is located.

Well, hopefully the Backup/Restore feature will obviate much of its
usefulness, but some folk just like to know :^)

> I like the Objects and Observations tabs. Consolidation of the
> Planning and the Objects tabs is well done. More playing around here
> is required.
>
> The date/clocks at the top in bold is good, but a bit cluttered.
> More black space is required. Paul, maybe for AP2 1024 x 768 should
> be a minimum spec.

1024x768 is the AP2 minimum spec. Note that when you connect to a
telescope (try creating and using an Emulated Go-To scope), a whole
bunch more "LED" displays appear (RA/Dec/Alt/Az/HJD, etc.), which more
than fills the width of a 1024 pixel wide window.