[APBeta] First light

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Thu May 29 11:29:20 PDT 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 11:14 , Robin Lauryssen-Mitchell wrote:

> The ‘Launch from new folder’ initially confused me but *think* <g> I
> understand it.

That shouldn't appear. I guess it's some legacy code that needs to
vanish.

> First thing to do is to get it registered.
> Done – easy

Registered? What's that? Security software?

> First impression – looks very nice and clean and comfortable.  By
> ‘comfortable’ I mean that it is not so radically different looking
> that you feel lost or uncertain where to go.  It does look different
> enough to feel confident that this is something new and worth
> shelling out some cash for.

The Windows interface needs some more thought, esp. since the MDI
interface vanished. There are some things that are now not obvious
with the main menu gone. Unfortunately, not being a Windows user, I'm
not too familiar with Windows apps.

Please also note that the Windows installer needs a lot of tweaking.
Right now it's fairly minimalist in what it does.