[APBeta] Patience...

Michael Portuesi portuesi at jotabout.com
Sat May 24 08:58:01 PDT 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 11:11 PM, Robin Lauryssen-Mitchell wrote:

> Good to see you aboard Michael.

Thank you!

On May 23, 2008, at 11:25 PM, Paul Kemp wrote:

> I managed to sell my copy of Skytools today, as I have moved over
> fully to Astroplanner.

Congratulations!  I moved over to AstroPlanner from Skytools a few
years back.

I still have my copy of Skytools because it has data in it that I
haven't migrated.  Skytools is very powerful, but it's not very
usable.  Worse, the author of SkyTools has the wrong attitude: he
often blames his users when they want things to work differently than
the way he designed them.

On May 24, 2008, at 7:51 AM, Paul Rodman wrote:
> You'd be surprised how many folks don't use the e-mail delivery
> option.

I'm one of them!  But for a group with a smaller audience/traffic, an
email list like this one is fine.

> Yahoo Groups works just fine for me :^) Best of all worlds: forum +
> e-mail + digests + archives. Of course, if Yahoo becomes Microhoo
> then I might consider Google Groups instead :^)

I opened up a Google account not too long ago, simply so I could
choose to bail from Yahoo! if they are bought out by Microsoft.  The
only hitch in that plan would be the Y! groups I subscribe to,
especially the AP group.

Looking forward to the AP 2.0 beta.  My RB scripting has become rusty,
time to freshen up my AP hacking skills....

Michael P.