[APBeta] V2.0a1 ready for testing

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Thu May 29 10:27:25 PDT 2008

OK, finally...

<http://www.astroplanner.net/beta/>

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

a. Please do not pass this information to anyone outside this list.
For now I want to keep testing to a small group of people. Once we are
satisfied that the application is reasonably stable, I will increase
the testing team size.

b. Please read the information on the above web page.

c. Initially I would like you to install and play with the new app
without bringing across data from your V1 installation. Create a new
plan, download a few catalogues, etc. I will post the V1-to-V2
conversion application a little later.

d. Initially I don't have any formal testing procedures for you. Just
play with the app, try out any new features you discover. What I am
most interested in discovering from you initially is/are:

  - Show-stopping bugs. I am already aware of a few, esp. in the
Windows version :^)
  - Look-and-feel. Look at the "big picture" here, since there are
many usability and cosmetic bugs that will need to get fixed along the
way.

e. There are bug reporting features in the Help menu. I would prefer
you to use those where possible, unless they too have bugs. When
unhandled exceptions occur, you can opt to have the information send
directly to me via the Internet.

Enough for now. Go nuts.