[APBeta] 1) custom highlights and 2) sort columns

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Tue Jul 29 12:06:19 PDT 2008

On Jul 29, 2008, at 08:09 , Dieter Welnowski wrote:

> The possibility to add  custom highlights works faultlessly but I
> have a question: if I put my own rules, for example altitude is
> between 10° and 90° between 23:00 and 04:00. When I now see the
> objects in the highlight colour are that the objects which I can
> see   n o w   with the present data or the objects visible as a
> foresight in the desired time between 23:00 and 04:00 with the
> present data.

OK, I see that you are asking a question here, not reporting a bug. I
just checked and the feature works as it should (i.e. object
highlighted if its altitude is greater than 10 deg at some time
between 23:00 and 04:00).

I suspect you're asking me on what date that time will be considered.
It should be the time period starting on the current local date (at
23:00) until 04:00 on the next day. If the date is fixed, then that
date will be considered.

A more important question might be, what happens when the local time
passes midnight and the date is incremented. In this case, the rule
will start computing for the following day. This is probably not what
you are expecting. I need to look at fixing it. i.e. if the current
local time is in the given time period (23:00 through 04:00), use the
date at the beginning of that time period. So if you are observing at
01:00 on the 23rd Aug, the the time period will run from 23:00 on the
22nd Aug, etc.