[APBeta] Bugs vs. Enhancements

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sun Jul 13 16:19:47 PDT 2008

On Jul 13, 2008, at 16:04 , Paul Kemp wrote:

> What features are to come?

I knew someone would ask...

I still need to to add the Restore half of the Backup/Restore feature.
It has some head-scratchers to overcome to make it largely user-proof.
However, it's a solution to a frequently-requested problem - i.e. how
to I synchronise my desktop with my observatory laptop. In some ways
V2 is even trickier than V1, hence the feature. Once I've finished I
can discuss it.

I still have quite a bit of work left for scripting. Right now I can't
process AAVSO observations, for example.

I still have some additional work to do on AAVSO observations since
the on-line method for submission of observations in V1.x is now
obsolete.

There are some other features I am debating.

I also need to go over the preferences and try and eradicate as many
as possible.

What I will be doing is some pruning and tweaking of the visible list
of enhancement requests:

<http://www.astroplanner.net/reports/>

Once I've done that you'll be able to see all the stuff that needs to
be done before release.