[APBeta] What to call those pesky graphic thingies

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Wed Jul 9 07:02:10 PDT 2008

Ever since I introduced the two graphic widgets that show (a) the
progress of an object and the moon over the current night and (b) the
same thing over the year (and soon to be over 30, 60, 90 days, etc.),
I have struggled to find a convenient yet descriptive name for them. I
usual refer to them as the "Rise/Transit/Set" and "Rise/Transit/Set
Annual" graphics. However, these names are a mouthful and not too
indicative (no pun intended) of their function.

Competing products have similar features called "night bar" or similar.

Any suggestions for name/s for these beasts? The name should make it
immediately obvious what I'm talking about.