[APBeta] Double stars

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sun Dec 14 21:52:47 PST 2008

On Dec 14, 2008, at 05:11 PM, David Crum wrote:

> Yes Paul, that is exactly what I was seeing.
>
> So which catalog should I (or not be) using??

Well, this is a problem that is not easily resolvable, without a major
rethinking of the way catalogues are managed. I was hoping to attack
it for V2, but it proved to be too nasty. It would also mean that the
V1 catalogue files would (probably) not be forward compatible with V2,
which was a problem. There is no simple workaround, apart from only
using catalogues with similar coordinate accuracy for both plan
objects and FOV display.

There are some tricks to avoiding the duplicate objects in the
display, but none of them is guaranteed to work under all conditions.

> Also, any luck on the other  AP template files??

Nope. I can't reproduce the problem on the Mac. I suspect that it's a
timing/threading/event problem in Windows, but currently I can't even
get the app to work there without hard crashing on launch. This is
very discouraging.

Paul R.