[APBeta] Bug report

Hilary Jones hdjones at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 29 23:28:15 PST 2008

Version: 2.0b13
Expires: 3/28/2009
Date: Monday, December 29, 2008  10:40:49 PM
OS: WinVista

Exception Type: Out Of Bounds Exception

1: Function StackCleaner.CleanMangledFunction( string ) as string
2: Function StackCleaner.CleanStack( extends RuntimeException ) as string()
3: Function App.Event_UnhandledException( RuntimeException ) as boolean
4: Sub Application._CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling()
5: Sub REALbasic._RunFrameworkInitialization()

User description of above error trace:

A few days ago I installed V2.0b10, then ran the V1 to V2 converter.  I
could never get AstroPlanner to work after that.  Unfortunately I can't give
you the error trace from that run.  I am only mentioning this because it's
possible that the failure was related to the failure that I'll describe
next.

Today I installed V2.0b13 in hopes that the problem would be fixed.  I ran
the program in unregistered mode, and it worked fine.  Then I ran the V1 to
V2 converter (version V1.0b4).  I had it convert resources, global
observations, and catalog annotations, among things.  Then  I restarted
AstroPlanner, and it gave a rather unusual complaint saying that "the stie
listed below is no longer available as a site resource".  The name of the
site that was no longer available was "no site specified".  That seems like
an unusual name for a site!  So my first complaint is that the dialog
doesn't seem to be giving me a correct description of what the real problem
is.

In any case, I selected the "No site specified" site, filled in the GMT
information, and told AP that this site was the same as the "HOME" site that
I used to use in AP V1.  When I pressed the OK button, AP V2 crashed with
the message above.

I reran AP and got the same "no site specified" dialog box, but this time
when I filled it out, AP didn't crash and just started normally.   Now
whenever I run AP, it works fine without even asking me to fix the site
information.

I tried to rerun the V1 to V2 converter to reproduce the problem, but
could't get AP to fail again.

Hilary