[APBeta] Problem converting observations

Rob Enns rob.enns at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 13:40:56 PST 2008

Hi,

I am running AP2 b12 on OS X Leopard.

I noticed a couple of issues while converting v1 plans and
observations. I scrubbed all the ~/Library/Application
Support/Astroplanner/* files and tried again, same results.

1. Some of my observations are not converting.

I have global observations enabled in v1.6.1 and did a "Transfer Local
Observations" in v1 right before doing the v2 conversion. I checked
the global observations window in v1 and all the observations are
there.

After doing the v1 to v2 conversion and opening my plan, some of the
observations are missing.

2. One of my plans does not convert.

I have 4 plans I am trying to convert to v2. One does not convert. The
v1 to v2 log file says:

FAILED TO CONVERT V1 PLAN: Documents:AstroPlanner:Converted V1 Plan
Documents:AstroPlanner:Rob Binocular AL_MessierClub.apd

One possible breadcrumb: I created most of these plans under the XP
version of v1 before I switched to the OS X version about a year ago.

Paul, I can send you the plans in question and original observation db
if that helps.

Rob